The Supreme Leader of Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei has criticized announcement of holy Quds as the capital of the Zionist regime of Israel.
On the auspicious occasion of the birth anniversary of Prophet Muhammad (saw), the heads of government branches, a group of government officials, ambassadors of Islamic countries and participants in the 31st International Conference on Islamic Unity met with the Leader of the Revolution, Ayatollah Khamenei, this morning December 6, 2017.
Meeting with officials and visitors at the Conference of Islamic Unity, during the birth anniversary of the prophet (PBUH), this morning (Wednesday), Ayatollah Khamenei held: 'Their [the enemy's] announcement of Quds (Jerusalem) as the capital city of [Zionists] occupied Palestine proves their weakness and inability. In regards to Palestine, they are helpless and unable to achieve their goals. Victory is for the Islamic Ummah; Palestine will be free; and the Palestinian people will be victorious.'
Ayatollah Khamenei advised Muslim states which have allied with the United States against the interest of their own people by stating: Today, some enemies and individuals line up against the Islamic Ummah and the Prophet's PBUH) path: the US, global arrogance, the Zionist Regime, reactionaries and individuals, desirous of worldly matters among the Islamic Ummah, all line up.' They seek to create wars in our region! We, instead, rely on admonition.'
The leader of the Islamic Revolution dubbed the arrogant front and their allies as the 'modern-day Pharaohs' and held: The modern day 'Pharaoh' is represented by the US, the Zionist Regime, and their accomplices, in the region, who seek to create wars in our region, and this is plotted by the U.S.
The following are the statements his eminence made at this meeting:
- I congratulate the Iranian nation, the Islamic Ummah (nation), and all liberated people of the world, on the birth anniversary of the Prophet of Islam.
- It is out of despair and debility that they want to declare Jerusalem as capital of the Zionist regime. On issue of Palestine their hands are tied & they can't achieve their goals. Victory belongs to Islamic Ummah. Palestine will be free, Palestinian nation will achieve victory.
- It is out of despair and debility that they want to declare Quds as capital of the Zionist regime. On issue of Palestine their hands are tied and they can't achieve their goals. Victory belongs to Islamic Ummah. Palestine will be free, Palestinian nation will achieve victory.
- Today, the enemies and others have lined up against the Islamic Ummah and the Prophet of Islam's path: US, global arrogance, Zionist regime, as well as reactionaries and hedonistic figures among the Islamic Ummah.
- Today, unfortunately, there are rulers and elites in this region that dance to the tune of the US: they do whatever the US desires against Islam.
- We have no discord wtih Muslim nations. We are up for unity; but, if there are people who are against this movement interested in unity and they are after staging war, we advise them: the outcome of what some states, in region, are doing will be as Quran says, 'their own destruction.'
- Today the Pharaoh is the U.S., the Zionist regime and their followers in the region who want to stage wars in the region; this is U.S.' plot. U.S. officials have said: we should stage wars in the region to protect the Zionist regime's security.